The Rest of the Story

Friday, March 17, 2006

We had our ups and downs over the next couple years as moms and daughters do. But it didn’t take long out on her own before I got the letter that I still have and still treasure! She apoligised for everything she had done as a teenager, and didn’t realize that I just loved her and was trying to protect her. (insert tears here) I still don’t remember much about the rest of the letter as I was always too blurry from the tears to read much of the rest!

My gramma was a wise woman and she used to say “You pay for your raisin’” Me, I used to tell my daughter that I couldn’t wait till she had a daughter. After all “You reap what you sow.” She just hated it when I said that!

Melanie had her first born--her daughter, when she was 19! She was the first of five! Four of which, are daughters…She must of done a lot more than I thought she did when she was a teenager--more to pay for! lol!

Isn’t it funny when you get together on holidays or family dinners and your grown kids start talking about things they did, and think you never knew about? Then it is very fun to enlighten them. “You knew about that? How Mom?” And then on the other side, there is the thrill they get when they tell me about the things that I didn’t know about! Yike, where was I? It’s sometimes a wonder we all survived!

I could not be more proud of my daughter! She is indeed, my best friend! She is married to a wonderful man, who any Mom would be proud to have as a son in law, or son, for that matter! He is one of my kids! She has a great family! Two teenage girls (lol), a nine year old boy, and then bringing up the rear with five year old twin girls!

It’s rare if Mel and I don’t talk to each other in some way every day! I am so glad God blessed me with a daughter. She is a special woman! My grandkids are very lucky to have her for their mother. If you want to hear more about her life and the hilarity that ensues with five kids, a husband, and a small zoo in one house, check out “plaid toaster” in my side bar.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

Ok a little better today. Love you too, mommy.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Found you through BlogMad... this is very good stuff!

I'll be back.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home