The things you do for love!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Yep, I went camping for my honey! I myself, would have cheerfully spent the weekend in bed, where I should have been! And no...he did not know I felt as bad as I did. And I wouldn't have told him for the world. He needed this time away so bad. He has been under a lot of stress at work and really needed a change of scenery!

He had Thursday thru Monday off and it is the closest thing to a vacation he was gonna get this year. He takes a week off during VBS so he can lead a group of kids for the week. And then he has the week between Christmas and New Years off to recover from Christmas.

This man does so much for me, it was the least I could do for him. I think he was expecting me to say we couldn't go, he was treading very lightly knowing how I was feeling. I knew how much he needed it and was looking forward to it! And really, the only thing I had to do was make my special salad for Friday night and again for Saturday night. The rest I knew he would take care of. Both nights were pot lucks, and Saturday breakfast was a pancake feed. Sunday morning hubby was cooking.

I survived, and I did have fun but no, I would not do it that way again....oh, who am I kidding? Of course I would...just to hear his silly giggle when he is letting go of the world's stresses and enjoying himself, and spending time with our friends and church family.

Yesterday I spent paying for the weekend. The headaches are worse and the only relief was sleep, so sleep I did! Today, I am taking my Diamox. The doc did not want me to take it until I saw the eye doctor but, I can't get in there until the 7th and I can not live with this that long. The meds he gave me take the edge off but don't stop it from coming right back. ( and I am not supposed to take them every day) I need to get rid of the pressure. My neck is out also, but that is from the pressure on my spine. It doesn't do any good to have that adjusted until the pressure is down, so here we go. I am taking my diamox!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

I'm glad you two enjoyed the weekend away. I'm glad you "talked" yourself into going. You both needed it.

Glad you're taking your Diamox. I hope that gives you relief!

Doesn't it just bug you... doctors telling you to wait when you know what needs to be done. And if it were them this was happening to they'd have already been taking meds, taken off some CSF and scheduled whatever procedures needed... the VERY day! Too bad we're not doctors! A neurosurgeon with Pseudotumor Cerebri (and Arnold Chiari). That would be nice. Someone that actually knows what it feels like. It's not a simple headache. It's your brains being smashed in and pushed out of every orifice. ;)

Still praying for you! (And it's nice to be able to "return the favor"!) I wrote a check for Baylie's bracelets and sent it off... $486!!!! That's just awesome!

Email me (snickerdoodlegirl@gmail.com) when you're feeling better. I wanna share an idea with you. Love and hugs...

5:20 AM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Kimmie, thanks for the prayers! and hugs! You are so right about the docs. They don't make too good of patients tho! That is awesome for Baylie's bracelets!
Four pounds down today...not alot but we'll see. I think there is actually more fluid down it's not showing on the scale as I am trying to get rid of all this jusk food. As soon as the chocolate covered raisins are done...I will be ok! lol! My head is feeling better...the pressure started to lesson almost immediately. I need to make an "I told you so" call!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Crazy Dan said...

camping is fun and I bet you man really enjoyed himslef thanks to you.

1:20 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

He did have a great time Dan! He really needed to get away and relax!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home