Our Newest Addition!

Friday, March 24, 2006

This is our sweet little lovebird. We got her/him (we don't know which) on Tuesday Evening! This sweet innocent little bird has led my husband and I on a merry chase! She is an escape artist! She has figured out how to open the door on her cage. She showers the dogs and cats with water from her water dish, which she tips over when they are close by!
Tonight was particularly amusing. Hubby and I were going to go out to dinner. Hubby got a payraise today! So as he was trying to get ready, I thought I would interact with the bird for a minute. She is still a big chicken around us. If you know anything about lovebirds, they are very loving birds, hence the name, lovebird! They cuddle and ride on your sholder, or on your head. But this baby is still too shy so I try to put my hand in the cage and pet her or pick her up and hold her in my hand for a minute or two....well, she really is an escape artist, and away she flew! We have not gotton her wings clipped yet, so when I say fly, I mean fly! On top of my kitchen cabinets, on top of the ceiling fan, on top of the curtain rod, into the tree, back to the cabinets, upstairs etc. Finally she heads up to my craft room. Yeah! This is where I was able to get her the other day!
We must have tried to catch her for close to an hour! We finally gave up put her open cage in the craft room so she could have some food or water, shut the door and went out to dinner. When we got back she was still in the mood to make fools out of us! It was really quite comical to watch! Two grown adults that can not catch one little bird! So finally my hubby holds the open cage up to where she is perched on the curtain rod...she looks at it and politely steps in and jumps on her perch! OHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Tommorrow she is getting her wings clipped! lol!

3 Comments:

Blogger ...jus me said...

Lauren...thanks! we like her colors too, a little different than my first one. What colors are yours? They are the most awesome birds!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

I can relate. We have a Green-cheeked Conure and I have had to rubberband all the doors shut because he has gotten out of his cage 5 or 6 times! We have 3 dogs and a cat so a roaming bird can ONLY lead to disaster. Especially since our cat catches birds about once a week and brings them to either eat them...or let them go so we have to catch them to release outside. It is drama nearly daily!

9:54 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Scotty... we have 3 dogs and a cat too! My cat has brought one bird in! He didn't eat it, just wanted us to be proud I think! My one dog went and protected it! She is a mamma to all! Never thought I would enjoy a bird this much, but they have so much personality. A little bit onery and sassy like the rest of the zoo!, Not at all like the humans in this house, of course! lol

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home