Happy Birthday Chris!

Sunday, May 07, 2006

My little adorable giggly redheaded bundle of joy is 30 years old!

It seems like yesterday when I woke up from the anesthesia in recovery to find that I had a son. I thought that I had dreamed it and drifted back to sleep. When I awoke again I was back in my room with one happy husband! That was when I knew it was true.

Allow me to give you some background… Joe and I had been high school sweethearts and married a couple months after I graduated high school. Melanie, our only daughter, was concieved on our honeymoon. We were young, oh sooooo young! I was 17 and Joe was 19 when we got married. So when our only daughter was born, just 9 months and 16 days later we were really not prepared to be a husband and a wife, let alone a Mom and Dad. We adapted to the roles of parents quite easily, and loved our little girl dearly. Unfortunately the husband/wife thing was much harder to do! Joe and I split up when our daughter was two. In fact, we got a divorce. We went through a lot during that time. We found that through all our changing and growing, there was one thing that was not changing, and that was our love for each other. We went back together just before Melanie turned three. Within a month, I was pregnant with Chris! We were so happy to have our family back together again. Being pregnant just made it that much better.

Christopher was such a happy little baby. Always smiling…and his big sis adored him! He was the kind of little guy that made old ladies wanna come up and pinch his cheeks! His dad used to say that he needed a giggle-ectomy!

He had lots of nick names. We started calling him Mr. Christer when he was about two or so. By then he had a baby brother! Another little redhead! Yep, I love ‘em! Jason could not say Christer, sooo it became Critter…and it stuck! He was Critter for years! Jason preferred calling him “Vruv” which was short for his adaptation of Brother. He was Vruv for many years and finally became “Bruv”. Well, atleast he got the “B” in there.

When Chris was trying out for little league, he got named “Red Dog” and of course Jason became “Red Pup” when he started playing.

Now he has another nick name. It is one his little niece gave him. He is affectionately known as “Uncle Boob!”

Chris stole my heart when he was just a little guy…when he said, “Mommy, you are soooooo soft!” How could you not love that? He has always been a kid after my heart!

He indeed is very special. I have a hard time believing that he is thirty years old. And I just have one thing to say…

Isn’t it time for you to get married and give me some giggly little grandbabies? Your sister is threatening to retire, and your brother is always on the road, so it really is up to you!

I love you Chris, and I can not imagine my life without you. You have grown into the kind of person that any parent could be proud of.

8 Comments:

Blogger EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Happy birthday to your son Chris.

I wish him all the best things in life.

God bless.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Jerri Ann said...

I bet he loved that, sounds like a good life for you as a mommy and for a sweet son as well...how adorable!

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chrissy, from that big sister who "adored" you.

12:29 PM  
Blogger momsmusings said...

What a nice story to go with the day. Wish him happy birthday today and I hope you have a great time!!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, you're old. LOL.

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me join in the celebration of your son. As another mom, I know how much a child means to a mother. Congratulations on having such a great one.

Blessings,

Shirley

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home