What's going on out there?

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I haven't had time to catch up on my favorite blogs...haven't even had time to link them all! How pathetic is that?

So why do our lives get so busy? I can't seem to find time to catch my breath, let alone get anything accomplished before twelve other things are added to my plate! I am busier now that I don't have a paying job than I ever was when I worked 10-12 hours a day!

I woke up this morning very early, with a feeling of panic washing over me as things started swirling around in my head...everything I needed to do! OK, I took on a new project last night too...I do not know how to say "No"

I got up and started writing things down on a piece of computer paper, just as they came spilling out of my brain. The paper was full in a matter of two minutes! Yikes! No wonder I couldn't sleep!

Since then I have been organising my desk so I can find everything that goes with all those projects. None of the things listed had anything to do with my everyday responsibilities. I still have all those to do too.

On top of all that, my fibromyalgia is really flaring up! Probably because I went to Women of Faith this last weekend and sat for two days, except when I climbed the three flights of stairs to the bathroom all the time. I am sure the standing in the bathroom lines didn't help much either. Sitting for long periods of time really causes alot of problems with fluid retention and flaring up my hips and knees. But the conference was soooooo worth it! It was awesome. Ladies if you have never gone to a Women of Faith Conference, I would highly reccomend it! See the link in my side bar for more information.

Well, I better get back to work on this list...please bear with me if I am not checking in very regularly for awhile...

11 Comments:

Blogger candoor said...

you must do what is best for you... I must write as often as possible if not daily... when I write daily, at least an hour or so, everything is much better... just a matter of perspective, perhaps, but it works for me :)

10:18 AM  
Blogger Pugs said...

hmmm... can't understand all this panick.. we're so laid back here in the S.W. of England.. time is starting to overtake us..lol

3:00 AM  
Blogger Tracy S said...

Hey thanks for stopping by.. I will have to check out your link . I love going to confrences.. The women of faith one sonds like somthing I would like.. Thanks :)

Oh and for the banner here is a link to a code that tucks it back some...

http://jacklewis.net/weblog/archives/2005/06/new_corner_bann.php

10:07 AM  
Blogger Tracy S said...

ok that link posting did not work..If you go to my page and click on my banner I have it linked to the right page for it :)

10:08 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Wendy sent me. :)
I think "to do" lists are made to be ignored! ha.

10:23 AM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

carmen...maybe so! lol, wish my mind agreed when I try to sleep at night.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Jillian said...

I've gotta say -- your blog title is VERY cute!

Wendy directed me here. :)

10:46 AM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

jillian...as I am home most of the time, except when I am doing volunteer work, or "shopping", most of my time is spent "in my jammies" Bein' comfy is way cool!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I read the blog about your husband and grandson...I can't begin to imagine the thoughts that raced through your minds. I wept as I read it.

I'm going to Women of Faith in Chicago in July with a girlfriend...then I'll go again in November in orlando with ladies from my church. It does do a number on you, doesn't it, but well worth the time spent.

1:53 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

beverly...it is soooo worth it! We are planning to go to Portland next year and maybe Seattle too! It is addictive!

2:29 PM  
Blogger WendyWings said...

Learning to say no is a lesson I had to learn as well, not always easy but it does get easier with practise :)

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home