Sometimes you just need to sit back and wait!

Friday, May 19, 2006

Last year, I had been working, after being off for a few years. Well, our four-legged kids were not too pleased about this. Not only did they not get to come in and out of the house at their liesure but they also had to go in the garage when I would go to work. We used to leave them outside, but they love to converse with the neighbor's four-legged kids as well, or anything that moves for that matter, so in the garage they go!

So that I would not have to round them up just before I left I would put them in first and then eat breakfast and pack my lunch. They thought this was so cool, that they would serenade me with a medley of their favorite howls! They harmonize quite well! Two golden retriever mixes and a long hair doxie!

I would tell hubby about it, and, understandably he was quite jealous that he never got to hear them. (not quite sure he believed me) So I have been off since a year ago January and have not been treated to their trio's performance.

Last night, we pulled into the driveway from my Grandson's play (very good, by the way) and hubby starts to turn off the air conditioner and the motor when he exclaims..."What the heck is that?" Up to now I had not heard it. I made him stay in the car and listen. He must have laughed for a full five minutes. We had two performances in one night! Oh the joys of being pet owners!

3 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

That's too funny. I love the term "four legged kids." lol

Thanks for putting me on your blogroll, I added you to mine tonight too!

6:07 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Darlene...They are our kids, and trust me, they will not let us forget it! I do love their three-part harmony! I am sure the long haired doxie starts it as doxie's are part bassett hound. She can howl with the best of them! She sounds so funny, and when she gets the big dogs going, it is a funny thing to witness!
I really like your blog...I am fairly new to scrapbooking too! I would love to learn how to do the digital scrapbooking too! Thank you for the explanations. It looks like you could have the best of both worlds.
Thank you for linking my blog! I can understand taking a rest from the blogging/computer for awhile. It can be pretty time consumiing! See you soon!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Tiredawg said...

We have 7 dogs and know that howling serenade all too well.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home