Parade

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Well, yesterday was the parade for our community that I have been working on. I think I mentioned on here or my other blog that I was coordinating it for our church.

We had a great time! We had a little pick-up decorated for our Vacation Bible School that is coming in July. This year it is called "Fiesta" I rode in the back of the truck with a bunch of our little ones complete with sombreros. Our VBS dance team were leading everyone in the songs and sign language. We also had our 200 lb. chipmunk named "Chadder" handing out candy to the kids.

Our Hot Rod Ministry, "His Rides" were also represented with classic cars and motorcycles. They are having their second annual show at the end of this month. We have given out 500 flyers advertising these two events and ministries during the parade, and over 35 pounds of candy! Glad the dentist office was bringing up the rear of the parade...lol!

Our little town has a population of around 20,000 people and this parade is just a little community parade with the police cars, fire engines and the military all represented as well as local businesses and organizations. It really is a kick.

Our Pastor said the phone was ringing off the wall this morning with people calling to see what time our services were. What a blessing. And we were just having fun! I may have pictures for you later.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats awesome! We had our Youth Ministry Team Meeting this afternoon -- we are doing Trading Places. It was between that and Fiesta. I'm anxious to hear how it goes for you. We're kicking around the idea of having a booth at the fair instead of a float. I'm meeting with some of my VBS staff tomorrow night, so will decided then just what we are going to do. Wishing you a successful and God filled VBS!!!

4:59 PM  
Blogger "Jet" said...

SOunds like you had a good time!! Parades were always very exciting to me!!

JTL

5:37 PM  
Blogger Jerri Ann said...

that really sounds like a good time !

5:59 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Carolyn...we opened our registration today with just a verbal announcement in service and got 8 registrations! I am excited. I love VBS. Fiesta is so easy to decorate for. We have a lot of very talented people involved! We purchased a huge tent last year for our church and it is set up now, and we will make good use of it for Vacation Bible School.

Lauren...thank you for the link! I read your blog alot but don't always have time to comment. Hoping to find some more time now with the parade out of the way. But we will see! It is going to be a busy summer, but lots of fun and fellowship.

JTL...they are great aren't they? Doesn't matter how big or how small!

jerri ann...it was great, but I guess that is why I get involved...I am just a big kid!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Christie's Corner said...

this is my 1st time here and I tink ure doing just great, i love blogs like urs and pple who love the lord 2, hv a nice day.

4:31 AM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Christabelle...Thank-you! Come and visit anytime! There are some great Christian blogs on my sidebaralso. Go see them, they are a great bunch of ladies! Hope to see you soon!

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home